I'll be trying to follow this for my own designs since I'm working on a few websites now and really want to do everything from scratch, not use a pre-made template and modify it for my own use.
Anyway, here is the link to this theme. Again, it's well written and everything. I'm impressed.
I’m going to show you how to create a wordpress theme from scratch in these 3 parts of tutorial series. I will cover from Structuring, designing in Photoshop, slicing, coding into fully css based html, and finally wordpress implementation.
Below is the index of the topics that we will go through:
- Structuring, Designing in Photoshop.
- Slicing and Coding.
- WordPress Implementation.
- about.php - a custom file for the about section in the sidebar.
- featured-post.php - a custom file for the featured posts.
- archives.php, links.php
- search.php, searchform.php