Sites such as Dig, Reddit, StumbleOn and a slew of others have become increasingly popular over the years for finding new things. Bloggers have found this a very useful way to get their news out. However, an article over on Ezinearticles.com give 5 things you don't want to do:
- Don't bookmark thousands of your own pages
- Don't create hundreds of accounts & bookmark the same page over and over again.
- Don't bookmark every single page on your web site.
- Don't hammer your ISP by running an automatic tool like this for hours on end.
- Don't buy an automatic posting tool like this unless you completely understand it features and how it works
There are a lot of them out there, and some interesting software that helps track your stats on these. However, I'll leave it up to you to how you go about doing this. You can manually add IMPORTANT articles (don't add your little "I went to get a puppy today .. he's cute" posts) or you can have a service do this.
Here is a list of the top Social Bookmark web sites out there - and I'm sure there are a lot more. You could use a program like Auto Social Poser or BookmarkingDemon ... but, again - your call. I've never used these since they cost money - and I've yet jumped on the Social Bookmarking bandwagon, but a slew of people swear by it.
The next time I post about getting traffic for your site, hopefully I'll have some results from these and I can report positively! I may have a few more ideas and 'tricks' for viral marketing - so yes, stay tuned!